List of active policies
|Data Policy Statement||Site policy||All users|
COMTEQ College is committed to protect the privacy rights of individuals on personal information pursuant to the provisions of Republic Act No. 10173 or the Data Privacy Act of 2012, its Implementing Rules and Regulations and the Basic Education Act of 1982.
It is the policy of COMTEQ Computer and Business College to respect and uphold data privacy rights, and to ensure that all personal data collected from students, their parents or guardians, employees and other third parties, are processed pursuant to the general principles of transparency, legitimate purpose, and proportionality as stated in DPA.
All employees, students, and administration officers are enjoined to comply with and to share in the
responsibility to secure and protect personal information collected and processed by COMTEQ in
pursuit of legitimate purposes.
- COMTEQ adheres to the general principles of transparency, legitimate purpose, and proportionality in the collection, processing, securing, retention and disposal of personal information.
- The students, parents, guardians, employees, or third parties whose personal information is being collected shall be considered as data subjects for purposes of these policies.
- Data subjects shall be informed the purpose of collecting and processing of personal data.
- The data subjects shall have the right to correct the information especially in cases of erroneous or outdated data, and to object to collection of personal information within the bounds allowed by privacy and education laws.
- The data subject has the right to file a complaint in case of breach or unauthorized access of his personal information.
- COMTEQ shall secure the personal information of students, parents, guardians, employees, and third parties from whom personal information is collected and shall take adequate measures to secure both physical and digital copies of the information.
- COMTEQ shall ensure that personal information is collected and processed only by authorized personnel for legitimate purposes of the College.
- Any information that is declared obsolete based on the internal privacy and retention procedures of the College shall be disposed of in a secure and legal manner.
- Data subjects may inquire or request for information from the Data Privacy Response Team, regarding any matter relating to the processing of their personal data under the custody of COMTEQ, including the data privacy and security policies implemented to ensure the protection of their personal data.